Forum to discuss all things Sherlock!
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Benedict Cumberbatch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BBC Sherlock Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-01-04
Age : 105
Location : 221B Baker Street London

PostSubject: Benedict Cumberbatch   Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:05 pm

Discuss everything Cumberbatch here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bbcsherlocknewsforum.pro-forum.co.uk
howthelightgetsin

avatar

Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-01-04
Age : 37
Location : Brighton

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:57 pm

I had not seen Benedict acting before Sherlock, I only sat down to watch it as it was the only thing on that Sunday night.... well I now think he is one of the best actors I've seen and I look forward to the next series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/takenby1
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
avatar

Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-01-04
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Yes I had read the books long before I saw Cumberbatch's interpretation of Holmes, and I really enjoyed the show! I can not wait for the next ones to come out! Arent they making more? (Sorry I do not know any current information!) I also enjoy Benedict's last name I think it is fun and difficult to say!
~Harley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-01-04
Age : 22
Location : America

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Harley.Quin wrote:
Yes I had read the books long before I saw Cumberbatch's interpretation of Holmes, and I really enjoyed the show! I can not wait for the next ones to come out! Arent they making more? (Sorry I do not know any current information!) I also enjoy Benedict's last name I think it is fun and difficult to say!
~Harley
Yes. they are making more. Should be out in the fall of this next... I mean, this new year. See what I did there? Haha. I saw Benedict, and I was like, he is brilliant, so now it's my quest to watch almost everything that he's in. I saw Amazing Grace and nearly died crying when his character died. It was horrible. Ah well. You get used to it. Reading the books as we speak though. It's amazing how well Benedict is doing, how he's made Sherlock his and I know what I'm talking about because I myself am in the acting business when I'm not busy being an actor. So... It's brilliant. I love him. I might be just a tad bit... Obsessed with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://I don't actually have a website, but I do have facebook.
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
avatar

Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-01-04
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Wow You are an acttor! That is so cool! I have acted in school and church plays, and had fun. Are you a stage or a TV/Movie actor?
Ill have to check out the other movies he is in, they sound good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-01-04
Age : 22
Location : America

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Nothing yet. Mostly stage. Actually, I'm still in school. I only say that because I've been participating in the school plays. Does that still count? I think it does if I'm pursuing it. I want to be a tv actor too, but the stage is where it's all at. Oh. It's beautiful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://I don't actually have a website, but I do have facebook.
BBC Sherlock Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-01-04
Age : 105
Location : 221B Baker Street London

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Awesome Hana! Can't wait to see you on tv! Any particular kind of show you'd like to be in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bbcsherlocknewsforum.pro-forum.co.uk
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
avatar

Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-01-04
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:24 pm

That sounds like what I do. I love to act as well! I used to act in more shows, but now I am in the IB proram at school which means I dont have extra time!
~Harley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-01-04
Age : 22
Location : America

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:58 am

That'll be me next year! OH JOY! Actually, I'm kind of excited. Heh heh heh. That might be a little bit bad of me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://I don't actually have a website, but I do have facebook.
speckledband

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-01-30
Location : near London

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:00 am

I'm going to see Benedict Cumberbatch in Frankenstein (playing Victor) this April, so ridiculously excited for it! What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-01-04
Age : 22
Location : America

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:48 am

speckledband wrote:
I'm going to see Benedict Cumberbatch in Frankenstein (playing Victor) this April, so ridiculously excited for it! What a Face
I am extremely jealous of you. Not even fair. My mum got mad at me cause I asked if I could go see it and she said no because I don't live there and I don't have any money to go see it. They better tape it so I can see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://I don't actually have a website, but I do have facebook.
speckledband

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-01-30
Location : near London

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:13 pm

The Improbable One wrote:

I am extremely jealous of you. Not even fair. My mum got mad at me cause I asked if I could go see it and she said no because I don't live there and I don't have any money to go see it. They better tape it so I can see it.

Ah well, I live only a short train ride away from London, so I suppose it's rather easier for me! But they are showing it in cinemas for those who can't get to London... it says here in this article that 'Frankenstein’ is in preview at the National Theatre, London SE1 (020 7452 3000) from Feb 5. As part of National Theatre Live the production will be broadcast live to cinemas in the UK and around the world on March 17.... so maybe it'll be at a cinema near you? Even if it's not, I reckon that if it's in cinemas there's a chance they might make a DVD of it... no idea really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-01-04
Age : 22
Location : America

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:50 pm

speckledband wrote:
The Improbable One wrote:

I am extremely jealous of you. Not even fair. My mum got mad at me cause I asked if I could go see it and she said no because I don't live there and I don't have any money to go see it. They better tape it so I can see it.

Ah well, I live only a short train ride away from London, so I suppose it's rather easier for me! But they are showing it in cinemas for those who can't get to London... it says here in this article that 'Frankenstein’ is in preview at the National Theatre, London SE1 (020 7452 3000) from Feb 5. As part of National Theatre Live the production will be broadcast live to cinemas in the UK and around the world on March 17.... so maybe it'll be at a cinema near you? Even if it's not, I reckon that if it's in cinemas there's a chance they might make a DVD of it... no idea really.

All I can do now is hope it's in the theatres near me. Hahaa. Maybe I can convince my mum to take me. After all, I am trying to watch everything Cumberbatch starting this week. Hahah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://I don't actually have a website, but I do have facebook.
speckledband

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-01-30
Location : near London

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:03 am

The Improbable One wrote:

All I can do now is hope it's in the theatres near me. Hahaa. Maybe I can convince my mum to take me. After all, I am trying to watch everything Cumberbatch starting this week. Hahah.

Haha same!! I have a post-it-note on my computer desktop with a list of things to watch.... Murder Is Easy (seen it already but didn't realise he was in it), The Last Enemy, Small Island and Fortysomething (seen one episode, so funny). Already watched Atonement xD Oh and I also want to see Nightwatching and Breaking and Entering because they have Martin Freeman in ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
speckledband

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-01-30
Location : near London

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:58 pm

In fact, I found a list/map-type thing of where it's showing:

http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/61171/venues-amp-booking/usa-venues.html

Hope there's one near you!!


Last edited by speckledband on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
speckledband

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-01-30
Location : near London

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:00 pm

In fact, I found a list/map-type thing of where it's showing:

http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/61171/venues-amp-booking/usa-venues.html

Hope there's one near you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-01-04
Age : 22
Location : America

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:52 pm

Hopefully my parents will take me, there is one, semi close, about an hour away, I'll talk to them. Hahaha. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://I don't actually have a website, but I do have facebook.
Purpleduckdetective



Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:12 pm

speckledband wrote:
I'm going to see Benedict Cumberbatch in Frankenstein (playing Victor) this April, so ridiculously excited for it! What a Face


I'm trying to get my parents to let me go too I really wanna see him live!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch   

Back to top Go down
 
Benedict Cumberbatch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master
» HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH!
» Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus (to annoy Norc)
» The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]
» Sherlock - BBC [2]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sherlock News Forum :: BBC's Sherlock :: Actors/Writers etc.-
Jump to: