Forum to discuss all things Sherlock!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone Know any good adventure/mystery books or writers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab

PostSubject: Anyone Know any good adventure/mystery books or writers?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Hey! I am Harley and I love to read stories about Holmes and Watson, (the show is great too!), and I also enjoy reading books by Agatha Christie. I also enjoy adventure stories (for a while I was obsessed with Alex Rider). I was wondering if anyone knew of any other books that fit into the same genre.

PS Please feel free to introduce yourself!

~Harley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MeganHolmes
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Know any good adventure/mystery books or writers?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Hey! I'm also interested in the same type of stuff you are and I'm an avid reader so here are a few recommendations for you...

A Peculiar Crimes Unit Series by Christopher Fowler
This reminds me a lot of Sherlock Holmes it is about 2 detectives who are older and they solve weird crimes. It's really good it's by a British author so it kinda has that dry British humor. I would really recommend it.

The Alex Cross series by James Patterson
These are about a police detective (Alex Cross) and they are mysteries and can be really creepy if you're into that sort of stuff. James Patterson is one of my favorite authors and another good mystery series by him is the Women's Murder Club. But the Alex Cross series is definitely my favorite by him.

On the more of adventure side then mystery the Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini is really good.
The first book is called Eragon. It's a fantasy mystery book and they are really good. If you have seen the movie don't judge by that because the movie was a HUGE disappointment.

Obviously all the original Sherlock Holmes books are fantastic

And since it's my favorite I can't not tell anyone to read this book haha Very Happy Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien are the best books ever. Kinda dry at the beginning but I LOVE them!

I'm drawing a blank right now on some other great books that I have read so if you are looking for more recommendations in pretty much any genre just pm me anytime Very Happy Hope this helps you and happy reading!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MeganHolmes
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Know any good adventure/mystery books or writers?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Oh I thought of another one! This one came out just a few months ago.
The Sherlockian by Graham Moore
I've just started it but it is really good. It is fiction but it is about why Sir Arthur Conan Doyle decided to kill off Sherlock Holmes and they figure this out because they find Doyle's journal. It is very good especially if you really like Sherlock Holmes which since you are on this website I assume you do Smile

~Megan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Know any good adventure/mystery books or writers?   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks Meagan! I will try these!
~Harley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MeganHolmes
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Know any good adventure/mystery books or writers?   Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:35 pm

You're very welcome Smile If you read any of them I would like to hear your reaction on them as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Know any good adventure/mystery books or writers?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone Know any good adventure/mystery books or writers?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1